Sunday, January 30, 2011

LAST VERSION


This is the version I've declared finished. This painting was a lot more tedious than I anticipated but now that it's finished, I like it alot. I've been painting the little paintings so much that I think I'm getting used to instant gratification. I was asked why I put the apple in there and I'm not sure I actually gave a good explanation. As artists most of us are looking for something to challenge us. Looking at the subtle changes that happen when part of the solid form is viewed through glass sets up the problem of how to inerpret that with paint. What color do I see and how do I show the bit of distortion that happens. And then we hope for the best.

1 comment:

Virginia Floyd said...

I like it very much. That green bottle is just gorgeous! Wonderful play of reflections and highlights in this painting. Great job!