Thursday, January 20, 2011

LAST CLEMENTINES

6"X6"
OIL ON CANVAS PANEL
PRICE $100

The last ones I'm going to paint for awhile, that is. On to something different to give my eyes a rest.

Recently I was painting and posting persimmons and saying that the name made me think they were too tart to eat. A friend from CA sent an email to tell me that they are quite sweet really and people make cookies from a certain variety. I went to google of course to check on the cookie comment. Sure enough, Connie you are right as usual. I found many cookie recipes using persimmon pulp. One more bit of food trivia to add to my already overloaded brain.



2 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Nice composition, Anita, with each clementine sitting on a different color. It made me think of a naval flag for some reason. Very nice!

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted.