Thursday, February 10, 2011

ICE STORM AND PROJECT







The top photo was taken on a sunny day after the ice storm last week. The small trees and bushes were bending over the creek that runs beside our house.

The bottom photo is what I did while we were iced in. I took alot of my framing supplies and built these shelves for my paintings that are on canvas panel. I still have a few revisions but am very happy with them.
Having grown very tired of framing my own paintings, I was more than happy to use up most of the wood. The best part is that I didn't have to buy a thing. I used my little battery operated circular saw and my drill. I had a great time.

2 comments:

Linda Nickles said...

Wow, Anita . . . your shelving project turned out great. It's amazing that you were able to build such a nice showcase for all your art using leftover framing material. A "battery operated circular saw" -- now I'm impressed! It looks terrific. Thanks for sharing.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

battery operated circular saw??
Wow, you are good1 They look great!