Monday, November 29, 2010

PINK


6"X6"
OIL ON CANVAS BOARD
PRICE $75
These carnations have been repainted so many times I thought about calling it reincarnation. I find open carnations hard to paint. What to do with all those petals? I finally stopped looking at the setup and things worked out better. They are easiest to paint when first opening up or dying.

For any of my classmates who are struggling with Elements 8, I just figured out how to best straighten a photo of my paintings. Go to image, rotate, free rotate layer. You can then go to the corner of the photo and pull it in line. Maybe I'm the only one who was having a problem with this but I was certainly happy when it worked.



3 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Anita,
I think this looks wonderful and very fresh. Does not look reincarnated at all. Very sweet and soft.
I have full photoshop but will try to find that tip in the full version and share it for all our classmates. I miss everyone. What an amazing week we had. Take care,

Mitzi Easley said...

Reincarnation... ha! This is lovely Anita, such a pretty pink. Thanks for the foto-straightening reminder too! happy Thanksgiving! Mitzi

Linda Nickles said...

"Reincarnation" -- Anita you are so clever! I do like your pink carnations, and the orange cloth under the vase. Thanks for the helpful tip on Photoshop.