Monday, July 26, 2010

BABIES? 6"x6" oil on canvas




This is the green tomato couple who have since turned red and now have three babies. I confess, I ate the midsized tomato for breakfast today. It was delicious. I am determined that my granddaughter is going to know that food comes from a garden and not a box or vaccum pouch. So Sunday my daughter-in-law and I took Hayden to my favorite farm market in search of watermelon. We found lots of goodies including beautiful cherry tomatoes. As we were pushing the cart around deciding what to buy next, Hayden pulled the bag of tomatoes and spilled them in the cart and on the floor. After picking up all of the ones in the cart and a few from the floor we tried to act innocent and walk away. People were already stepping on them. There were squished tomatoes all around us.





No comments: